Before returning to the US for a home assignment it is customary to dream! And let me tell you, the bucket list can grow pretty rapidly. As I sit here and think back on the last several months, I am amazed by all of the blessings, little and big, God has bestowed on us during this time. Our bucket list items have been checked off and we are feeling ready to return to Bolivia. I am so thankful!
What, you might ask, was included on my bucket list? Here's a taste (in no particular order):
- Go to the library (public and at our local church)
- Consume yummy American food (pizza, hamburgers, Dairy Queen and root beer!)
- Get the girls involved in Awana and/or Sunday School
- Go to Yellowstone National Park
- Celebrate the girls' birthdays with friends
- Build a snowman, sled and ice skate
- Watch it snow with a cup of hot chocolate in my hands
- Spend the holidays with family (our 1st Thanksgiving and Christmas in the US in 5 years!)
- Go into the woods and cut down our Christmas tree
- Pray for a white Christmas (and we got more than we could have imagined! It was awesome!)
- Attend our local church on a regular basis
- Visit some of the Laura Ingalls Wilder houses while road tripping
- Have our family photos taken during the Fall (one of my husband's and my favorite times of the year)
- Family reunions for both of our families
- A visit to Canada to see my grandparents
- Get the necessary health check-ups (not "fun" but definitely needed)
- and so much more!
I really couldn't have asked for a better home assignment. Yes, it has been crazy. . .especially the first 6 months as we traveled and spoke on a pretty regular basis. Yes, it has been without routine. And yes, we are ready to get back "home" but it has been so very good to be here.
|"Olaf" saying hello in our backyard|
My mind is gearing up. I'm thinking and dreaming more in Spanish as each day goes by. I'm praying regularly for peace and trust as my anxieties always rise before our international moves. But I'm also spending a lot of time thanking God for His many blessings. I am humbled by His goodness. My bucket is overflowing with His blessings!